Corrupt Donald Trump – ‘TRUMP’S CONFLICTS OF INTEREST’
Only having his sons and daughter quit and putting the entire business into a real blind trust would come close to resolving some of the conflicts of interest.
But he would still know his contacts and they could keep him informed on the business.
This is a GREAT link to the details of Trump’s conflicts of interests :
Conflict of interest red flags
- Businesses registered during the campaign in Saudi Arabia
- Businessmen from India meet with President-elect TrumpForeign diplomats at Trump Hotel in DC
- Ivanka Trump sits in on meeting with Japanese PM Shinzo Abe
- Ivanka Trump’s company hawks a bracelet after 60 minutes interviews
- Trump children (who will run business) on transition team. Donald Trump Jr. reportedly is involved in Secretary of Interior selection process
- Trump currently facing investigation by Department of Labor
- Trump hotel lease with GSA (which he could be in violation of on day 1 of his administration.)
- Trump currently under audit by IRS
- Russian Foreign Minister saying they were in touch with Trump campaign
- Debt with foreign banks some now facing federal fines
- Ivanka Trump joined President Mauricio Macri congratulatory phone call with her father
- Trump said to have told British politician Nigel Farage to oppose wind farm near his Scottish golf course (then lobbying in a tweet for Farage to become ambassador to the U.S.)
- Philippines appoints man building Trump Tower (licensed under the Trump name) in Manila as “special envoy.” President Duterte has said Trump expressed support for his drug war which has been criticized as an abuse of human rights.
- Self-dealing (Using nonprofit to help self, business or family) reported in Trump Foundation 2015 Tax return posted on Guidestar.
- Turkish newspapers reporting that Trump praised his Turkish business partner in a call with Turkish President Erdogan. Erdogan hasreportedly arrested a businessman from Dogan, the company which works with Trump to possibly have leverage for the return of Gulen to Turkey.
- Trump Foundation received $150,000 from a Ukrainian oligarch for a video speech Trump made in September 2015
- Trump’s stock in oil pipeline company
- Long-stalled Trump Tower project in resort town in former Soviet republic of Georgia moves forward
- Bahrain to hold major event at Trump’s D.C. hotel
- Trump Hotel Rio de Janeiro involved in a criminal investigation in Brazil. (The Trump Organization announced it will pull the name off the hotel and will not operate it.)
- Trademarks registered around the world
- His stock portfolio (which reportedly includes shares in banks, pharma, and oil). The transition has stated the portfolio (which according to a Mayfinancial disclosure also includes Boeing) was sold in June, but has not presented evidence of that move.
- Trump named properties could present global security risk (per former White House ethics lawyer)
- Holds United Technologies Corp bonds (parent company of Carrier).
- Ladder Capital, which owns at least $282 million in Trump debt, may beup for sale.
- Trump has telephone call with Taiwan president where the Trump Organization reportedly is looking at building hotels. (“Beijing… regards the island as a renegade province.”)
- NBC reportedly has ordered episodes of “The New Apprentice.” Variety reports Trump will retain his Executive Producer title for the show.
- National Labor Relations Board
- Sold tickets to Mar-a-Lago New Year’s Eve party
- 2 Indonesian resort projects with billionaire Hary Tanoesoedibjo as Trump’s local partner. Eric Lipton reported a potential conflict: Tanoesoedibjo “ran for vice president of Indonesia in 2014 and is organizing a political party for another possible run at national office in 2019.”
- More than 150 financial institutions hold debts connected to the President-elect, according to a Wall Street Journal analysis
Areas of potential conflicts needing more reporting
- Reports from Argentina newspaper La Nacion Trump asked President Mauricio Macri about a building project there.
- Jared Kushner rumored to join the White House
- Trump team denies they asked for security clearance for Trump children
Settled potential conflicts
- Removed lobbyists from transition team
- $25 million settlement of Trump University fraud case
- Trump Organization to go before planning board in Ireland over seawall for Trump International Golf Links. (Organization reportedlydropped seawall from plans.)
- Eric Trump to stop soliciting money for charity
- Trump Organization announced accords with unions at two hotels
- Quits hotel project in Brazil named in criminal inquiry
- Charity auction to have coffee with Ivanka Trump closed
- Fundraiser for post-inauguration meeting with President and hunting trip cancelled
Other swampy behavior
Via – Digby @ http://digbysblog.blogspot.com/2017/01/keeping-all-conflicts-straight-is-job.html