In the world of politics, I suppose $25,000 Ameros is probably small potatoes, but then again grifting is all about finessing around the margins. Anyway, there seems to be a real pay-to-play scandal around Donald Trump and Pam Bondi and as near as I can understand it goes something like this:
- 2013, Trump University is under investigation for fraud.
- Sept. 13, 2013 Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi is deciding whether her office will pursue the case against Trump University.
- Pam Bondi herself solicits Donald Trump to donate to her re-election campaign.
- Sept. 17, 2013: One of Trump’s charitable foundations makes a $25,000 donation to Bondi’s political campaign (which is illegal on the face of it).
- “After the check came in, Bondi’s office nixed suing Trump, citing insufficient grounds to proceed.”
- The Trump Foundation “misreports” the donation to a Kansas charity with a name similar to that of Bondi’s political group—”a simple mistake!” or a cover-up?
You can follow the money and the calendar of this thing and while it can all be explained as a series of mistakes, what is very clear is that Bondi asked the subject of an investigation for money and subsequently dropped the investigation. Bondi claims she didn’t know the department she leads was investigation Trump University for fraud, which seems incredible to me.
And in the meanwhile, Our Failed Media is investigating the meetings Clinton had while SOS in which no favors were granted.
Source: $20, Same As In Town