This would in effect, make President Obama and all future Presidents figureheads.
Because…..well Republicans just LOVE the Constitution…….after they ‘fix’ it just a little………
‘We have come to expect nothing less than crazy from Rep. Ted Yoho (R-FLA), and he has delivered today’.
‘Yoho has authored a resolution in high hopes of using it to begin impeachment proceedings against President Obama for acting like a President. It is allegedly supposed to take aim at the President for his immigration actions’.
‘Yoho’s resolution seeks to (for starters)’:
“To establish standards defining impeachable “high crimes and misdemeanors” within the meaning of Article II, section 4 as applied to the President of the United States”.
“Whereas Article II, section 4 of the Constitution provides that, “The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors”;
(**On the bribery alone, you could remove every elected official)
“The House of Representatives declares the following Presidential actions shall constitute impeachable “high crimes and misdemeanors” within the meaning of Article II, section 4, which will cause the House to vote an article or articles of impeachment to send to the Senate for trial—”
(1) “initiating war without express congressional authorization”;
(2) “killing American citizens in the United States or abroad who are not then engaged in active hostilities against the United States without due process (unless the killing was necessary to prevent imminent serious physical danger to third parties)”;
(3) “failing to superintend subordinates guilty of chronic constitutional abuses”;
(**A great catch all.)
(4) “spending appropriated funds in violation of conditions imposed for expenditure”;
(**Another great catch all as departments often shift funds)
(5) “intentionally lying to Congress to obtain an authorization for war”;
(**So G.W. Bush and Dick Cheney should have been impeached)
(6) “failing to take care that the laws be faithfully executed through signing statements or systematic policies of nonenforcement”;
(**Again G.W. Bush should have been impeached and this will completely tie the hands of all future Presidents)
(7) “substituting executive agreements for treaties”;
(**Again Bush should have been impeached (except he’s white not black) and again this ties the this and all future President’s hands)
(8) “intentionally lying under oath to a Federal judge or grand jury”;
(**Opens the door to routinely bringing the President before a Federal judge or Grand Jury. Effewctively does away with the Executive Branch as a ‘balance of power’ as all the ‘power’ now lies with Congress.)
(9) “misusing Federal agencies to advance a partisan political agenda”;
(**As with bribery, all elected officials could now be impeached)
(10) “refusing to comply with a congressional subpoena for documents or testimony issued for a legitimate legislative purpose; and”
(**Leaving in the hands of Congress or even 1 single legislator to say what is ‘legitimate.)
(11) “issuing Executive orders or Presidential memoranda that infringe upon or circumvent the constitutional powers of Congress”.
(**Again Bush should have been impeached (and again he’s is white so it’s OK for him to have done this) and again this completely ties the hand’s of this and all future Presidents.)