FOX (cough) ‘news’ is the Republican Party’s 24 hour media outlet.
Ever try to put toothpaste BACK into the tube?
You will never get it it.
The samre is true when your FOX(cough) ‘news’ and you blantly lie and then much later have to ‘retract’.
No one listens to the ‘retraction’ because it’s not the story.
Remember this is just ONE segment on FOX AND from September 2012. So 2 1/2 years of lies yet to be ‘retracted’.
No wonder I can never get a Republican to admit they actually watch FOX.
‘Fox & Friends co-host Steve Doocy once bragged that “here at Fox we still do journalism.”
‘Here are 11 on-air corrections, retractions, clarifications, and apologies Fox & Friends has had to issue for their sloppy journalism and offensive comments (often without admitting or explaining the original offense)’:
1. ‘The Obama Madrassa Smear. Fox & Friends had to “clarify” their false report claiming that then-Senator Barack Obama had attended a radical Islamic madrassa when he was a child in Indonesia’.
2. ‘Kilmeade: “All Terrorists Are Muslims.” Fox & Friends co-host Brian Kilmeade claimed that he “misspoke” when he claimed that “all terrorists are Muslims.”
3. ‘School Prank Parody Reported As Real News Story. Fox & Friends co-host Steve Doocy issued an on-air retraction and apology after he and Kilmeade reported on a fabricated news report about a school prank from an online parody website as fact’.
4. ‘False Report That Obama Supported Release Of Lockerbie Bomber. Dana Perino apologized on Fox & Friends for falsely claiming on the previous day’s program that President Obama had supported the release of Lockerbie bomber Abdel Baset al-Megrahi’.
5. ‘False Report On School Curriculum Changes In Texas. After the Texas Education Agency criticized Fox & Friends for a “highly inaccurate” report about planned curriculum changes for Texas schools, the show ran a “clarification” on the issue’.
6. ‘Doocy Misquoted Obama, Claimed It Was Attack On Romney. Doocy admitted he “did some paraphrasing that seemed to misquote the president” when he falsely quoted Obama saying “‘Unlike some people, I wasn’t born with a silver spoon in my mouth” in a supposed attack on Mitt Romney. In fact, Obama never said the “unlike some people” portion of the quote’.
7. ‘Kilmeade Praised Swedes For “Pure Genes.” Kilmeade apologized for his statement on Fox & Friends that Americans don’t have “pure genes” like Swedes because “we keep marrying other species and other ethnics.”
8. ‘Falsely Claimed TSA Was Going To Screen Passenger DNA. Fox & Friends apologized for a false report that claimed that the Transportation Security Administration planned to screen passengers’ DNA’.
9. ‘False Report That Obama Planned To Apologize For The Atomic Bomb. Fox & Friends apologized for their false story claiming President Obama had considered apologizing to Japan for the U.S. dropping the atomic bomb’.
10. ‘Inverted Poll To Claim 61 Percent Opposed Collective Bargaining. Fox & Friends issued a correction after claiming that 61percent of respondents to a poll favored taking collective bargaining rights away from public employees. In fact, 61 percent opposed the measure in the Gallup poll they cited’.
11. ‘Giuliani: Obama Didn’t Say “War” During State Of The Union. Doocy issued a correction on-air after former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani falsely stated on Fox & Friends that President Obama didn’t say “war” during his 2010 State of the Union speech’.
From : http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/09/11/sloppy-amp-wrong-11-fox-amp-friends-corrections/189838
Operation Desert Fox in 1998 was made possible because of the Gulf War in 1990-1991 which degraded the Iraq military to minimal effectiveness.
Iran’s military has not been degraded and there is huge popular support within Iran for it’s nuclear program.
But go ahead and bomb them. They won’t do anything in response. They will just sit there. Like Iraq did……….
‘Sen. Tom Cotton says bombing Iran’s nuclear facilities would take several days and be nothing like Iraq War’.
“Even if military action were required — and we certainly should have kept the credible threat of military force on the table throughout which always improves diplomacy — the president is trying to make you think it would be 150,000 heavy mechanized troops on the ground in the Middle East again as we saw in Iraq and that’s simply not the case,” Cotton said’.
“It would be something more along the lines of what President Clinton did in December 1998 during Operation Desert Fox. Several days air and naval bombing against Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction facilities for exactly the same kind of behavior. For interfering with weapons inspectors and for disobeying Security Council resolutions. All we’re asking is that the president simply be as tough as in the protection of America’s national security interest as Bill Clinton was.”
From : http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/tom-cotton-bombing-iran-would-take-several-days-be-nothing-l#.wbxr3p3MD