A Republican World – The ‘Are You Kidding Wall Street Journal?’ Edition – ‘Why Can’t the Left Govern’?
The Wall Street Journal actually ran this story.
In essence it’s the Democrats fault they can’t pass legislation.
Here’s the article : http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303325204579463581942405804
Now to answer the question…..
Grover Norquist : “We will make it so that a Democrat cannot govern as a Democrat.”(1)
‘The Republican plot to obstruct President Obama before he even took office, including secret meetings led by House GOP whip Eric Cantor (in December 2008) and Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell (in early January 2009) in which they laid out their daring (though cynical and political) no-honeymoon strategy of all-out resistance to a popular President-elect during an economic emergency. “If he was for it,” former Ohio Senator George Voinovich explained, “we had to be against it.”(2)
‘The Senate GOP’s Unprecedented Obstruction In Five Charts’ (3) Chart 1
‘House Takes 50th Vote to Change ‘Obamacare’(4)
‘Gun Bill Background Check Amendment Fails'(5)
‘House GOP Says It’s Too Late To Pass An Unemployment Extension'(6)
And I could go on and on and on and on……
(1) @ : http://www.washingtonpost.com/how-grover-norquist-hypnotized-the-gop/2011/06/30/AGYOUlsH_story.html
(2) @ : http://swampland.time.com/2012/08/23/the-party-of-no-new-details-on-the-gop-plot-to-obstruct-obama/
(3) @ : http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/senate-gops-unprecedented-obstruction-five-charts
(4) @ : http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/03/not-again-house-gop-takes-50th-vote-to-change-obamacare/
(5) @ : http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/17/background-checks-bill_n_3103341.html
(6) @ : http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/27/unemployment-extension-_n_5043679.html
This is so depressing.