‘House GOP Just Showed Why Obama Can’t Compromise on the Debt Ceiling’
‘The reason is that Republicans are essentially asking for an end to constitutional government in the United States and its replacement by a wholly novel system’.
‘From Jonathan Strong’s report at NRO, what Republicans want in exchange for agreeing to not default on the national debt is’ :
- ‘a one year delay of Obamacare’,
- ‘Paul Ryan’s tax reform’,
- ‘the Keystone XL pipeline’,
- ‘partial repeal of the Clean Air Act’,
- ‘partial repeal of bank regulation legislation’,
- ‘Medicare cuts’,
- ‘cuts in several anti-poverty programs’,
- ‘making it harder to launch medical malpractice lawsuits’,
- ‘more drilling on federal land’,
- ‘blocking net neutrality’,
‘and a suite of changes designed to make it harder for regulatory agencies to crack the whip’.
From : http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2013/09/26/house_debt_ceiling_bill_shows_why_compromise_is_unthinkable.html