The Republican ‘Constitution begins – “We Who Represent The Welathy…….”
‘House GOP Approves Budget That Cuts Taxes For Millionaires, Slashes The Social Safety Net’
@ : http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2013/03/21/1753071/house-gop-budget-passes/
‘House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cuts Over GOP Objections’
@ : http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/12/02/house-passes-middle-class-tax-cuts-over-gop-objections/
‘GOP Approves Tax Cuts; Most Benefits To Top Earners’
@ : http://news.wpr.org/post/gop-approves-tax-cuts-most-benefits-top-earners
‘Poll: 74 Percent Of Americans Support Ending Big Oil Subsidies’
@ : http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2011/03/03/174932/americans-oil-subsidies/
‘House GOP Blocks Vote On Oil Subsidies’
@ : http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/house-gop-blocks-vote-on-oil-subsidies
WASHINGTON — ‘House Republicans narrowly pushed through a bill on Thursday that slashes billions of dollars from the food stamp program, over the objections of Democrats and a veto threat from President Obama’.
‘The vote was 217 to 210, largely along party lines’.
‘Republican leaders, under pressure from Tea Party-backed conservatives, said the bill was needed because the food stamp program, which costs nearly $80 billion a year, had grown out of control’.
‘The move came after the House rejected a proposed farm bill that would have cut $20 billion from the food stamp program. Conservative lawmakers helped kill the bill, saying the program needed deeper cuts’.
- ‘The bill, written under the direction of the House majority leader, Eric Cantor, Republican of Virginia, would cut $40 billion from the food stamp program over the next 10 years’.
- ‘It would also require adults between 18 and 50 without minor children to find a job or to enroll in a work-training program in order to receive benefits’.
- ‘It would also limit the time those recipients could get benefits to three months’.
‘Currently, states can extend food stamp benefits past three months for able-bodied people who are working or preparing for work as part of a job-training program’.
- ‘The bill would also restrict people enrolled in other social welfare programs from automatically becoming eligible for food stamps’.
- ‘In addition, the legislation would allow states to require food stamp recipients to be tested for drugs and to stop lottery winners from getting benefits’.