Again I see ‘sports’, for the most part, as entertainment and not very good at that.
But it’s a sometimes fun and sometimes frustrating diversion.
So ‘diverting’ I will go……
THU, SEP 5
- Baltimore at Denver – Pick – Denver
Possible ‘Game Of The Week’.
Both teams have weak defenses so I’m giving the edge to Peyton.
SUN, SEP 8
- Seattle at Carolina – Pick – Seattle
Sea had a great pre season. Wilson’s timing is down pat. Learned how and especially when to slide (if he wants a career in the NFL). Added a great RB to backup (and replace by mid season) Lynch. Good but not great receivers. Boosted the Defense.
The #1 question with Seattle is can it win on the road?
It won’t be a sharp game for Seattle but a win on the road is worth a win.
Carolina? I really like Cam but this is a team sport and needs a strong leader. They won’t be as bad as last year but start off with a loss.
- New England at Buffalo – Pick – New England
NE still has defensive problems but as usual – can rack up points fast.
- Cincinnati at Chicago – Pick – Chicago
Home field advantage. Could be a very good game.
- Miami at Cleveland – Pick – Miami
Mia picked up some good people this off season so I’m going with them.
- Atlanta at New Orleans – Pick – New Orleans
I’m not a big believer in the pre season but going 0-4 and giving up 108 pts – DAMN! Atlanta has to put ALL of that out of their minds and face New Orleans.
Good luck with that.
- Tampa Bay at NY Jets – Pick – Tampa Bay
Two words. Brady Quinn.
- Tennessee at Pittsburgh – Pick – Tennessee
Two very physical teams with Tenn being more so.
- Minnesota at Detroit – Pick – Minnesota
See Peterson run……and run…….and run……
- Oakland at Indianapolis – Pick – Indy
Indy has found their QB…Oakland is still looking.
- Kansas City at Jacksonville – Pick – KC
Reid had reached his limits in Phily. New team. New players. Look for very good things here in Reid letting Cassell throw.
- Arizona at St. Louis – Pick – St Louis
Kolb needs (and won’t get) more protection then Bradford.
- Green Bay at San Francisco – Pick – San Fran
Last year GB lost the opener to Seattle on a bad call. This year they lose to a better team.
- NY Giants at Dallas – Pick – NYG
Manning is a better QB and has better receivers.
MON, SEP 9
- Philadelphia at Washington – Pick – Phily
RG3 vs Vick?
- Houston at San Diego – Pick – Houston
SD has more problems then….well almost any other NFL team.