I love the photo Addicting Info had in their article…..(GRINS!)
‘Way to go, Congress! Three weeks ago, the GOP-led House of Representatives approved a bill providing millions in farm subsidies, while removing food stamps from the farm bill package entirely’.
‘Then, on July 11th, they actually went ahead and passed this travesty of a bill even though it disproportionately penalizes people in their own states’!
‘Believe it or not, “red” states are the real welfare states, and the states most dependent on food stamps are all run by Republicans’.
‘Meanwhile, here in “blue” America, we’re covering our ears against a heavy, clangorous din as millions of jaws drop to the floor’.
‘How do these conservatives keep getting away with this crap? Maybe it has something to do with all the vile myths and outright lies churned out by the right wing propaganda machine — oops, I mean, ‘media’ — on a daily basis’.
‘That’s why this video from Media Matters for America is such an eye-opener’.
‘After watching this montage of casually callous, ignorant, and appalling statements from Rush Limbaugh and the talking heads at Fox News, you’ll have a better idea of why folks from high-poverty states — like Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Missouri, Tennessee, Texas, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Arizona, New Mexico, Louisiana, Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama, Maine, and Arkansas — keep voting for these conservative meanies’.
1. ‘If you need food stamps, you’re a loser and it’s your fault’.
“The image we have of poor people as starving and living in squalor really is not accurate. Many of them have things, what they lack is the richness of spirit.”
– Stuart Varney
2. ‘Liberal politicians promote food stamps so people will become dependent on welfare, and vote for them’.
“Re-elect Obama, food stamps for everyone.”
– Laura Ingraham
3. ‘People on food stamps aren’t really poor, and don’t really need help’.
“They’re all gonna have a phone, a TV set, a car, and 120 free minutes, and food stamps.”
– Rush Limbaugh
4. ‘We don’t have hunger in America, because so many Americans are clinically obese’.
“Sixteen MILLION children face a summer of hunger. Now, Michelle Obama told us they’re all so fat and out of shape and overweight that a summer off from government eating might be just the ticket.”
– Rush Limbaugh
“Poor people in America have an obesity problem. And yet, we give more people food stamps.”
– Geraldo Rivera
5. ‘Maybe some of these food stamps recipients need to go on a diet’.
“I should try it, because, do you know how fabulous I’d look? I’d be SO SKINNY!”
– ‘Andrea Tantaros’s giddy thoughts on taking the food stamps challenge and spending only $130 per month on food’.
6. ‘People on food stamps are welfare cheats’.
“Remember that lottery guy? Still getting food stamps! Come on!”
– Gerry Willis
7. ‘Who needs food stamps when you can go dumpster diving’?
“There’s always the neighborhood dumpster. Now you might find competition with homeless people there, but there are videos produced to show you how to healthfully dive and survive until school starts back up in August.”
– Rush Limbaugh
8. ‘Having a social safety net is bad, and creates a culture of … um … Depends™ency’.
“Well, it’s like we’re wearing one, gigantic Depends undergarment. It’s like, hey, we’re America, don’t worry about it. Now, pretty soon we won’t have to go to the bathroom for ourselves.”
– Kimberly Guilfoyle
From : http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/07/13/stupid-sht-fox-news-says-about-food-stamps-video/