Remember America. Obama isn’t really ‘one of us’.
1. (Historical Terms) a member of any of the West Germanic tribes (Angles, Saxons, and Jutes) that settled in Britain from the 5th century ad and were dominant until the Norman conquest
2. (Linguistics / Languages) the language of these tribes See Old English
3. any White person whose native language is English and whose cultural affiliations are those common to Britain and the US
4. Informal plain blunt English, esp English containing taboo words
1. (Linguistics) forming part of the Germanic element in Modern English “forget” is an Anglo-Saxon word
2. (Social Science / Peoples) (Linguistics / Languages) of or relating to the Anglo-Saxons or the Old English language
3. of or relating to the White Protestant culture of Britain, Australia, and the US
From : http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Anglo-Saxon
‘The advisers spoke on the condition of anonymity because Mr Romney’s campaign requested that they not criticise the President to foreign media’.
‘The two advisers said Mr Romney would seek to reinstate the Churchill bust displayed in the Oval Office by George W. Bush but returned to British diplomats by Mr Obama when he took office in 2009’.
”In remarks that may prompt accusations of racial insensitivity, one suggested that Mr Romney was better placed to understand the depth of ties between the two countries than Mr Obama, whose father was from Africa.
“We are part of an Anglo-Saxon heritage, and he feels that the special relationship is special,” the adviser said of Mr Romney, adding: “The White House didn’t fully appreciate the shared history we have”.
From : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/mitt-romney/9424524/Mitt-Romney-would-restore-Anglo-Saxon-relations-between-Britain-and-America.html