‘Republicans support Obama’s health reforms — as long as his name isn’t on them’
‘The new Reuters-Ipsos poll finds that Obamacare remains deeply unpopular; 56 percent of Americans oppose the law, versus only 44 percent who favor it’.
‘What’s particularly interesting about this poll is that solid majorities of Republicans favor most of the law’s main provisions, too’.
‘I asked Ipsos to send over a partisan breakdown of the data. Key points’:
* ‘Eighty percent of Republicans favor “creating an insurance pool where small businesses and uninsured have access to insurance exchanges to take advantage of large group pricing benefits.”
* ‘Fifty-seven percent of Republicans support “providing subsidies on a sliding scale to aid individuals and families who cannot afford health insurance.” .
* ‘Fifty-four percent of Republicans favor “requiring companies with more than 50 employees to provide insurance for their employers.”
* ‘Fifty two percent of Republicans favor “allowing children to stay on parents insurance until age 26.”
* ‘Seventy eight percent of Republicans support “banning insurance companies from denying coverage for pre-existing conditions’.
* ’86 percent of Republicans favor “banning insurance companies from cancelling policies because a person becomes ill.”
From : http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/post/republicans-support-obamas-health-reforms–as-long-as-his-name-isnt-on-them/2012/06/25/gJQAq7E51V_blog.html